From: Hilary Bailey on
Samuel Williams wrote:
> Dear Hilary,
>
> I wouldn't recommend using Shoes for what you are trying to do. Shoes is
> a way to display content on the screen using windows, text, buttons,
> etc. I'd recommend that you get the algorithm and data processing
> working first, and then make the web application later.
>
> Kind regards,
> Samuel

Dear Samuel and the entire OpenSource community

In my education of Ruby, I am now at the section that deals with Shoes.
Do you know of an installation site, and if such, which Shoes version
should I use. Recall I am trying to write an education desktop software
that will be used as a data base to generate analysis and predictions.

Thanking you in advance,
Hilary

From: Steve Klabnik on
Hey Hilary-

As of right this second, you should be using Shoes 2 ("Raisins"),
which you can download here: http://shoes.heroku.com/downloads

Shoes 3 ("Policeman") isn't quite ready yet... but it will be soon! If
you wait another week or so, we're putting the final touches on for
release.

-Steve

From: Hilary Bailey on
Steve Klabnik wrote:
> Hey Hilary-
>
> As of right this second, you should be using Shoes 2 ("Raisins"),
> which you can download here: http://shoes.heroku.com/downloads
>
> Shoes 3 ("Policeman") isn't quite ready yet... but it will be soon! If
> you wait another week or so, we're putting the final touches on for
> release.
>
> -Steve

Thanks a $llion Steve. So far it looks very inviting to read.

Hilary