From: Vladimir Vassilevsky on

Tim Wescott wrote:

> So in Scilab I can write a transfer function as easy as
>
> H = %z / (%z - 1),

#include <complex>

> and I can the do Bode plots,

Export to Excel

> or multiply it by another transfer function,
> or "multiply" it (actually cascade systems) by a state-space system model.
> All this makes it very easy to do what I want to do with the package.

Entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity.

Vladimir Vassilevsky
DSP and Mixed Signal Design Consultant
http://www.abvolt.com
From: Tim Wescott on
Vladimir Vassilevsky wrote:

> Tim Wescott wrote:
>

>> So in Scilab I can write a transfer function as easy as
>>
>> H = %z / (%z - 1),
>>

> #include <complex>

I can prototype algorithms in Scilab with about 1/10th the code and time
spent than in C++, thanks.

>> and I can the do Bode plots,
>
> Export to Excel

Scilab does _much_ better plots than Excel, in less time.

>> or multiply it by another transfer function,
>> or "multiply" it (actually cascade systems) by a state-space system
>> model.
>> All this makes it very easy to do what I want to do with the package.
>
> Entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity.

Transfer functions shouldn't, but the state space representations stay
numerically robust long after the transfer function representations have
disappeared in a puff of quantization errors.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

First  |  Prev  |