From: Russ D on
On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 09:24:24 -0700 (PDT), Val Hallah
<michaelnewport(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthpicturegalleries/7902773/Scott-Linsteads-high-speed-photographs-capture-creatures-frozen-in-time.html

What a shame. So many images ruined by too shallow DOF and eye-offending
artificial lighting. I shoot many macro images of small insects in flight
in available light alone, handheld, without all that DOF blur and garish
fake lighting. I was just browsing through one folder of mine where in only
one afternoon I amassed about 150 tight macro shots of bees hovering near
their intended flower-targets. And who hasn't shot a bird coming in for a
landing before? Or similarly a crane flipping a fish into the air and
capturing a shot of it just before the catch. Or an osprey making its
catch. He spent FOUR DAYS to get that shot of the osprey making its catch?
I got about 15 like that in 2 hours one casual afternoon by just sitting
around where some ospreys were fishing, no elaborate camouflage hide
required. (One was especially clumsy and kept dropping his catch, no doubt
a juvenile learning its trade.) The osprey could have cared less if I was
there, they were focused on getting their dinners. This guy's just a
talentless tech-head cityboy hack. ZERO talent.

Totally unimpressed.

From: rwalker on
On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 17:33:29 -0500, Russ D <russd(a)myowndomain.org>
wrote:

>ng. I shoot many macro images of small insects in flight
>in available lig

You're a waste of organic chemistry.
From: David J Taylor on
"rwalker" <rwalker(a)despammed.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 17:33:29 -0500, Russ D <russd(a)myowndomain.org>
> wrote:
>
>>ng. I shoot many macro images of small insects in flight
>>in available lig
>
> You're a waste of organic chemistry.

Killfile it, and don't feed it by any form of reply. Please, for all our
sakes.

David

From: LOL! on
On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 07:27:06 +0100, "David J Taylor"
<david-taylor(a)blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

>"rwalker" <rwalker(a)despammed.com> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 17:33:29 -0500, Russ D <russd(a)myowndomain.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>ng. I shoot many macro images of small insects in flight
>>>in available lig
>>
>> You're a waste of organic chemistry.
>
>Killfile it, and don't feed it by any form of reply. Please, for all our
>sakes.
>
>David

Yes, please. Poke your own eyes out.

Trying to retain your bliss of self-induced ignorance demands it!

LOL!

From: Bowser on
"Russ D" <russd(a)myowndomain.org> wrote in message
> On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 09:24:24 -0700 (PDT), Val Hallah
> <michaelnewport(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthpicturegalleries/7902773/Scott-Linsteads-high-speed-photographs-capture-creatures-frozen-in-time.html
>
> What a shame. So many images ruined by too shallow DOF and eye-offending
> artificial lighting. I shoot many macro images of small insects in flight
> in available light alone, handheld, without all that DOF blur and garish
> fake lighting. I was just browsing through one folder of mine where in
> only
> one afternoon I amassed about 150 tight macro shots of bees hovering near
> their intended flower-targets. And who hasn't shot a bird coming in for a
> landing before? Or similarly a crane flipping a fish into the air and
> capturing a shot of it just before the catch. Or an osprey making its
> catch. He spent FOUR DAYS to get that shot of the osprey making its catch?
> I got about 15 like that in 2 hours one casual afternoon by just sitting
> around where some ospreys were fishing, no elaborate camouflage hide
> required. (One was especially clumsy and kept dropping his catch, no doubt
> a juvenile learning its trade.) The osprey could have cared less if I was
> there, they were focused on getting their dinners. This guy's just a
> talentless tech-head cityboy hack. ZERO talent.
>
> Totally unimpressed.

If his are that bad, I'd love to see yours. Can you post a link?