From: Russ D on
On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 18:27:58 -0700 (PDT), Nervous Nick
<nervous.nick(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>On Jul 21, 5:33�pm, Russ D <ru...(a)myowndomain.org> wrote:
>> On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 09:24:24 -0700 (PDT), Val Hallah
>>
>> <michaelnewp...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> >http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthpicturegalleries/7902773/Scott-...
>>
>> What a shame. So many images ruined by too shallow DOF and eye-offending
>> artificial lighting. I shoot many macro images of small insects in flight
>> in available light alone, handheld, without all that DOF blur and garish
>> fake lighting. I was just browsing through one folder of mine where in only
>> one afternoon I amassed about 150 tight macro shots of bees hovering near
>> their intended flower-targets. And who hasn't shot a bird coming in for a
>> landing before? Or similarly a crane flipping a fish into the air and
>> capturing a shot of it just before the catch. Or an osprey making its
>> catch. He spent FOUR DAYS to get that shot of the osprey making its catch?
>> I got about 15 like that in 2 hours one casual afternoon by just sitting
>> around where some ospreys were fishing, no elaborate camouflage hide
>> required. (One was especially clumsy and kept dropping his catch, no doubt
>> a juvenile learning its trade.) The osprey could have cared less if I was
>> there, they were focused on getting their dinners. This guy's just a
>> talentless tech-head cityboy hack. ZERO talent.
>>
>> Totally unimpressed.
>
>I think some of them are pretty cool. The fact that he did most of
>them in a studio is, IMO, kind of strange but pretty impressive for
>the technical side of it. Not that you would bother, but would you be
>able to set up some of those shots?

Easily. But the more important question is, why on earth would I or anyone
want to? When I can get much better images using available light alone
outside of any contrived artificial setting.

You people are easily entertained and amused by tech-head bullshit.

From: Peter on
"Outing Trolls is FUN!" <otif(a)trollouters.org> wrote in message

> Ain't you heard yet? Dimwit. I *NEVER* post any marketable shots to the
> net.

We agree on that. My odds making instincts tells me that you have taken few,
if any marketable shots.

--
Peter
(slightly bored this morning)