From: SueDot on
We are using Excel 2003 SP3 on a network. Observed behavior: In an
apparently random manner, Excel flashes quickly through numerous "broken
images" and flickers, showing pieces and parts of other worksheets that are
open, in no particular pattern, before ultimately stopping and displaying a
broken image. At this point, clicking over to another worksheet, or
scrolling the broken area off the screen, and then returning, will reset the
image. This anomaly possibly occurs when saving a workbook, but not always;
it possibly occurs when deleting or moving Controls on a worksheet, but not
always; it possibly occurs when entering formulas into a cell, but not
always. It doesn't seem to matter what workbook is open, and it's doesn't
always refresh incorrectly. It seems random, but I'm sure there's a pattern
there, somwhere - we just haven't identified it yet.

In trying to troubleshoot the cause, we believe it is somehow related to the
calculation of the worksheet. Pressing F9 or Ctrl/Shift/Alt F9 will cause
the anomaly every time. We've looked at the macros in PERSONAL.XLS and
everything seems to be in order. Two of us use the same macros and setup,
but this problem is only occurring on one computer. The problem began
suddenly and has been ongoing for a few weeks now.

Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this, or where we should look to
further troubleshoot?

Thanks in advance,
--
Susan
From: SueDot on
Some additional information:

We've discovered that the situation only occurs where we have added
hyperlinks internal to the workbook. It seems that the screen is doing
"Application Screen Updating" during the recalculation phase.
--
Susan