From: wagner2004 on
Hi, i bought recently a HP48SX on ebay and i compare with my HP48GX
and i see that the screen of the HP48SX is more dark than the GX,
it's Blue and my GX is Green. It's more easy to read with the GX than
the SX, is it normal ? Is it the same screen ?

Thanks.
From: Raymond Del Tondo on
Hi,

the LCD of the G,G+,GX is better readable
than that of the S or SX. This is normal.
The LCD of the SX is one of the worst
regarding contrast and readability,
only topped (or should I write "bottomed")
by the LCD of the HP OmniGO 100;-)

Late production G+ or GX units have a much better LCD,
with a very high contrast, and black pixels
on very light grey background, like on the 49g.

I'd recommend to get one of those...

HTH

From: Ossi Väänänen on
Raymond Del Tondo schreef:
> The LCD of the SX is one of the worst
> regarding contrast and readability,

No. The display on my 28S is IMHO much worse than on my 48SX.

:)
From: wagner2004 on
On May 28, 9:46 am, "Raymond Del Tondo" <Ih8...(a)nowhere.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the LCD of the G,G+,GX is better readable
> than that of the S or SX. This is normal.
> The LCD of the SX is one of the worst
> regarding contrast and readability,
> only topped (or should I write "bottomed")
> by the LCD of the HP OmniGO 100;-)
>
> Late production G+ or GX units have a much better LCD,
> with a very high contrast, and black pixels
> on very light grey background, like on the 49g.
>
> I'd recommend to get one of those...
>
> HTH
>
> "wagner2004" <operave...(a)gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitragnews:4577b453-9819-43d7-8e95-315f13b5e270(a)o4g2000vbo.googlegroups.com...
>

> > Hi, i bought recently a HP48SX on ebay and i compare with my HP48GX
> > and i see that the screen of  the HP48SX is more dark than the GX,
> > it's Blue and my GX is Green. It's more easy to read with the GX than
> > the SX, is it normal ? Is it the same screen ?
>
> > Thanks.

Thanks for your quick response Del Tondo , i see a reply of you in
hpcmuseum.org :

"For the display, take a look into this thread:
http://www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/hpmuseum/forum.cgi?read=56518

There you'll have a direct side-by-side comparison of the 3 different
displays used in the HP-48 series. Seen from today, the SX display is
absolutely the worst possible."

BUT the link is dead (http://www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/hpmuseum/
forum.cgi?read=56518) , do you have a copy of it ?

PS: i've got both HP48SX&HP48GX