From: Budget Programmer on
Hello,

For a year and a half I've had an Excel macro working fine. I haven't
changed anything to the PC that would affect Excel, to my knowledge.
I'm running Vista 32 Home Premium and Office 2007.
I have the following references checked in "Tools / References":
- Visual Basic for Applications
- Microsoft Excel 12.0 Object Library
- OLE Automation
- Microsoft Office 12.0 Object Library

This code runs on other PC's, but it stopped running on this (essential) one.
When it encounters the first SET statement, it give the error:
"Run-time error '429':
ActiveX component can't create object"

Sub CreateEditedSongListing()
'DECLARE VARIABLES
Dim objFSO As Object
Dim objFolder As Object
Dim strSongs_EditedPath As String

'ASSIGN INITIAL VALUES

strSongs_EditedPath = "C:\Users\Phil\Documents\Songbook On
Screen\Songs-Edited"

'Use Microsoft Scripting runtime.
Set objFolder = objFSO.GetFolder(strSongs_EditedPath)
End Sub

In which reference is the "Scripting.FileSystemObject" located?
The code snipet runs fine on another PC, which has the same four references
checked. However it stopped runing on the essential PC.
Thanks for looking into this.
Phil
--
Programmer on Budget
From: Peter T on
Maybe Scripting has been disabled by the administrator in that machine

Regards,
Peter T

"Budget Programmer" <BudgetProgrammer(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:64948855-B022-42C2-942A-15FD8E3103BD(a)microsoft.com...

From: Budget Programmer on
Peter,
Are you speaking of Virus Protection Software or some other system setting?
I'm not quite sure what you mean. I'm the only one that uses the machine,
but maybe some update or something changed it. Where should I look?
Thanks.
Phil
--
Programmer on Budget

From: Peter T on
If you are the only user then it sounds like it has not been disabled.
(Though it is one component admin's sometimes want to disable in a corporate
environment).

In Tools References look for "Microsoft Scripting Runtime" and tick it. Add
the following and run it

Sub test()
Dim objFSO As Object
Dim fso As Scripting.FileSystemObject

Set fso = New Scripting.FileSystemObject

MsgBox fso.Drives.Count, , "fso New"
Set fso = Nothing

MsgBox fso.Drives.Count, , "fso CreateObject"

Set fso = Nothing

MsgBox objFSO.Drives.Count, , "objFSO CreateObject"

End Sub

Report back if all/some/none of the above tests worked, or if you couldn't
even set the reference.

Regards,
Peter T

"Budget Programmer" <BudgetProgrammer(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:69212031-A693-4434-ABDC-C2FFA60B492C(a)microsoft.com...

From: Budget Programmer on
Hi Peter,
Before doing anything, I ran stepped through your code. It stopped at the
DIM FSO statement. Initially, I couldn't a reference for "Microsoft
Scripting Runtime". I went to another PC and found that the reference is
located in file "C:\Windows\System32\scrrun.dll" I browesed for that and was
able to add the reference. (It's interesting that I had to browse for it.)

However, At the SET statement I get the same error:
"Run-time error '429':
ActiveX component can't create object"

Thanks for your help.
I'm still at a loss.