From: Diane Whatever on
Want to know is in about:config there is a way to more the tab
closely" to the left. Another "lefty" thing.

Diane
From: Beverly Howard on
>> Want to know is in about:config there is a way to more the tab
closely" to the left. <<

Google time... afaik, there are no good docs on all of the options
within the config and I have not been able to find a listing of the
default and available values. _With care_ and remembering the warning
when you go there that you can easily screw up the settings, one option
is to read through the values to get an idea or search using the filter
such as "tab" to see if you can spot what you need.

Beverly Howard

From: Diane Whatever on
Beverly Howard wrote:

> >> Want to know is in about:config there is a way to more the tab
> closely" to the left. <<
>
> Google time... afaik, there are no good docs on all of the options
> within the config and I have not been able to find a listing of the
> default and available values. _With care_ and remembering the warning
> when you go there that you can easily screw up the settings, one option
> is to read through the values to get an idea or search using the filter
> such as "tab" to see if you can spot what you need.
>
> Beverly Howard

When I moved the Scrollbar from right to left, I changed the number to
"3." Is there Some where that tells you what each of those number
changes do? Or is it basically trial and error?

--
Tact is for people not witty enough to understand sarcasm.
~ diane whatever
From: Beverly Howard on
>> Or is it basically trial and error? <<

These values are derived by the programmer who originally came up with
the value string... and the process reflects the quality of the coffee
they had that morning.

Seriously, there is a "bit" of standardization in these values, but you
can't make assumptions... the "3" indicates a toggle of at least three
values... in this case, an educated guess would be left, right, none
....and, not in that order.

Beverly Howard