From: auujxa2 via AccessMonster.com on
My client would like to have 6 or so combos on a form, in which they can
query any field from any table, and export the results to excel.

yikes.

i figured the first combo, i can do a list of available tables (tests). then
when they select a test, the combos will list all available fields within
that table.

any idea on a systemic way to accomplish this without manually typing in
everything to a table?

thanks
John

From: Bob Barrows on
Sigh ... Show them how to use the Query Builder and be done with it. Why try
and reinvent the wheel?

Are these large tables? Will you be providing a way for the users to supply
criteria? Will you be allowing them to join tables?

That said, you can use the Fields collection of a Tabledef object to
populate the fields combo. If you need details, you should post in the VBA
DAO group - it's really out of scope of this newsgroup.

PS. You might try searching www.rogersaccesslibrary.com or Allen Browne's
site - there may be a ready-made demo for what you are trying to do.

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET - 2004-2007
"NO SPAM"

From: PieterLinden via AccessMonster.com on
I agree with Bob. Teach them to use that and then show them how to use
TransferSpreadsheet.

From: kc-mass on
Look here - this will do it:
http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/topic12&OB=ASC.html