From: Gerhard on
I get the following message when I go into User Profiles, "The search
application for 'MOSS_SSP' on server OEMCHASMOS01 is not provisioned. Confirm
that the Windows SharePoint Services Timer service and Windows SharePoint
Services Administration service are running on the server." Both the named
services are running. How can I fix this?
From: Harish [MSFT] on
Follow these "exact steps"

1. Navigate to Central admin -> operations -> Timer job definitions ->
Disable the Application server administration service job.
2. Clear the sharepoint timer cache by following the steps
http://blogs.msdn.com/josrod/archive/2007/12/12/clear-the-sharepoint-configu
ration-cache-for-timer-job-and-psconfig-errors.aspx
3.Enable the Job again.

Harish K