From: siljaline on
Lil' Abner wrote:
> Instructions for running Malwarebytes.
> As mentioned above, that was the first thing I ran.

Noted, best bet is to post an HJT Log to your Forum of choice that supports HJT Logs.
As you already know you need to go this route or format and reinstall *but* since this is
a new known Rogue there is a possibility of recovery from the situation.

Good luck !

Silj

- Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_

From: Buffalo on

Lil' Abner wrote:

> Instructions for running Malwarebytes.
> As mentioned above, that was the first thing I ran.

Just curious if you had the latest def update and the latest version (1.41)
of MBAM?
Buffalo

From: Lil' Abner on
"Buffalo" <Eric(a)nada.com.invalid> wrote in

> Lil' Abner wrote:
>>

>> Instructions for running Malwarebytes.
>> As mentioned above, that was the first thing I ran.
>
> Just curious if you had the latest def update and the latest version
> (1.41) of MBAM?
> Buffalo

I installed mbam and updated it just before I ran it, so probably so.
I didn't really look at the version number.
A note of interest. I haven't used Adaware forever but I decided to
download it and try it. It didn't find much of anything but it did find a
bunch of entries in the HOSTS file it didn't like:
engine.awaps.net(127.0.0.1) @ 273
ads2.expatica.com(127.0.0.1) @ 707
www.hit-counter-download.com(127.0.0.1) @ 916
dl.jiangmin.com(127.0.0.1) @ 1069
ads.mcafee.com(127.0.0.1) @ 1229
directads.mcafee.com(127.0.0.1) @ 1230
vvww-avast.com(127.0.0.1) @ 5891
om.symantec.com(127.0.0.1) @ 10513
a.answers.com(127.0.0.1) @ 10897
microsoft.com.org(127.0.0.1) @ 12874
www.www.microsoft.com.org(127.0.0.1) @ 12875
wdcs.trendmicro.com(127.0.0.1) @ 15052

Those were all in the latest MVPS hosts file I just installed.

I am presently running AVG antispyware on it.

--
--- Everybody has a right to my opinion. ---
From: Buffalo on

Lil' Abner wrote:
> "Buffalo" <Eric(a)nada.com.invalid> wrote in
>

>> Lil' Abner wrote:
>>>

>>> Instructions for running Malwarebytes.
>>> As mentioned above, that was the first thing I ran.
>>
>> Just curious if you had the latest def update and the latest version
>> (1.41) of MBAM?
>> Buffalo
>
> I installed mbam and updated it just before I ran it, so probably so.
> I didn't really look at the version number.
[snip]

Thanks for the reply.
Buiffalo

From: FromTheRafters on