From: Diego Moore on
On Jan 14, 9:05 pm, "John Timney \(MVP\)"
<xyz_j...(a)timney.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:
> I have seen problems with farms where the index and query server file
> locations do not match and reset doesn't help. If this was me, I would
> remove the index and query servers and then recreate them after a full IIS
> reset or reboot. Get your index working first with the alternate access
> mappings in place before you re-add the query server. With luck it will
> beging to propogate one the query server gets added into the farm.

Well that's pretty much what I did above aside from the alternate
access mapping (which I'm not sure I understand, can you elaborate?).

There is only one Index Server on this farm so by stopping the search
and rebooting I've effectively done that!

BTW: The search on the other SSP is now back up and running so it was
a case in impatience! In fact the new Index location now has a folder
named d1885afb-4997-4b34-8f14-407ee97c3eb8 which I assume would be
SSP, but nothing else.
From: Tony Testa on
We had something similar happen where our search just dissappeared
from our sites, and we got similiar error messages.

Our problem was that the content DB user account set in the SSP didn't
have permissions to the database on that SQL Server. Once we gave
that user permissions, everything fired back up and started working.

What account is your SSP set to connect to your DB as? Does that
users have permissions on that DB?

Thanks,
Tony Testa
http://www.tonytestasworld.com

From: Diego Moore on
On Jan 17, 2:13 am, Tony Testa <awte...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> We had something similar happen where our search just dissappeared
> from our sites, and we got similiar error messages.
>
> Our problem was that the content DB user account set in the SSP didn't
> have permissions to the database on that SQL Server.  Once we gave
> that user permissions, everything fired back up and started working.
>
> What account is your SSP set to connect to your DB as?  Does that
> users have permissions on that DB?

That's what MS asked yesterday! Did you also have a SQL crash that
somehow reset the permissions?

We checked the permissions for the SSP and search DB and this is what
we have:

IntranetSSP_DB SharedServices4_Search_DB

SPSharedServicesPool db_owner db_owner
SPSharedServicesAcct db_owner db_owner
SPSearchAcct db_owner db_owner
SPContentPool db_owner db_owner

We compared them to the SSP that is working and they're identical.

Does anyone know what the *exact* permission are meant to be?

Thanks,

From: rt on
Hi,

I have exactly the same problem since yesterday, for no apparent
reason.

There is no help I can find over the internet. Everything (but few)
that I find talks about access (DB, DCOM, Registry,..). I've checked
every tip, but everything seams correct (like the DBO access from the
SSP stated here).

Does anyone have another clue?

I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks,
From: rt on
I've just solved the problem with a new SSP.

Deleted the old SSP and the associated DB's.

The search is working again.

Regards.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3