From: Chad Williams on
Is there a way to search for text boxes within a word (Microsoft Office
Professional Edition 2003 version) document? Searching for "graphics" does
not do the trick. I can't find anyone who can figure this out. Thank you!
From: Doug Robbins - Word MVP on
What do you want to do when you find them.

Running the following macro will find them

Dim i As Long
With ActiveDocument
For i = 1 To .Shapes.Count
If .Shapes(i).Type = msoTextBox Then
.Shapes(i).Select
MsgBox "The selected shape is a text box."
End If
Next i
End With

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

From: Chad Williams on
Doug, thank you for your response -- however, I don't understand you. When I
do a scan cleanup --sometimes using Omnipro-- I want to be able to search for
all the text boxes in the document. How do I run the macro you posted below?
Do I go to "Tools", "Macros" and then do something? If possible, please
explain. Thanks, Chad.

From: Doug Robbins - Word MVP on
See the article "What do I do with macros sent to me by other newsgroup
readers to help me out?” at:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/CreateAMacro.htm

From: Chad Williams on
Doug, thanks again for your reply. I read the article and I was able to
figure it out. However, I created a document with 20 boxes. The search
macro that is listed here doesn't take me from box to box. Is that the fault
of the macro? Could you try a simple test and let me know please? Thank
you. Chad.