From: SteveH on
Hello

I log-in to a secure site using IE8 but always get a certification error (on
two different computers both using IE8).

I have contact the site concerned and they have suggested that I use another
browser - which I prefer not to do.

What is the best way to resolve this, please?

Thanks.

Steve
From: Alan Edwards on
Please try the IE7/IE8 group.
The recommended newsgroup is microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

In a proper newsreader:

If you must use a web interface:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

....Alan
http://dts-l.com/index.htm

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 04:51:02 -0800, in
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser, SteveH

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
[crosspost to IE General]

Assuming WinXP: Go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com | Select CUSTOM and
scan | Install any Critical Security Updates offered (e.g., KB976325). If a
Root Certificates update is listed in the Optional Software Updates category
on the left, install it to take full advantage of IE's enhanced security and
to update those certs.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
www.banthecheck.com