From: Paul Calcagno on
I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium on an Acer Desktop with SP2, all WU's
current, 2 GB RAM, CCleaner, SAS, MBAM and Avira. System's working just
fine.
Yesterday I got 2 new WU's, one of them being KB973924, a security update
for MS Visual C++2008 Redistributable pkg (the other one is WinDefender
definitions update). The publish date on KB973924 is August 2009. My
question is why am I now getting this update offered to me at this time?
And can I ignore this update without compromising my security status?
Please advise is this is not the correct forum to post this question.

Thanks in advance..........Paul C.

From: Paul Calcagno on
Thanks MowGreen.

Just one question: You pointed me to a security bulletin for KB978251, but
that's not the one associated with MS Viscual C++ redistributable package.
Was that a typo.

Thanks........Paul C.