From: Winupdatefailure on
I got several time this issue since few days even when the update process
occured as the PC is shutting down.

How can I regulate this ?

Security Update for Windows Vista (KB967723)

Installation date: ‎9/‎16/‎2009 4:09 PM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 8024200D

Update type: Important

A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated
remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it. You can
help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you
install this update, you may have to restart your system.

More information:

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com

From: MowGreen on
8024200D WU_E_UH_NEEDANOTHERDOWNLOAD
The installer requires more data to be downloaded.
The update handler did not install the update because it needs to be
downloaded again.

Suggest you manually download KB967723 for 32bit Vista editions and
*save* it:

Security Update for Windows Vista (KB967723) x86/32bit
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=7d72f845-9feb-4685-a669-f9d6ab54f9ed&displaylang=en

If the system is Vista x64 [64bit]:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b2930ff1-5f0a-4a5d-bf2a-9fb76dd8da63

Once the download completes close *all* open programs and browsers.
Now try to install KB967723 (Windows6.0-KB967723-x86.msu for Vista x86;
Windows6.0-KB967723-x64.msu for Vista x64)

If it still fails to install no-charge support is available:

> Support
> • Customers in the U.S. and Canada can receive technical support from Security Support or
> 1-866-PCSAFETY. There is no charge for support calls that are associated with security updates. For
> more information about available support options, see Microsoft Help and Support.
> • International customers can receive support from their local Microsoft subsidiaries. There is
> no charge for support that is associated with security updates. For more
information about how to
> contact Microsoft for support issues, visit the International Support Web site
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=21155

MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten

banthecheck.com
"Security updates should *not* have *non-security content* prechecked"

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
See the "How to obtain help" section of
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967723
--