From: tlat on
I'm trying to install SQL Server 2008 SP1 on Windows 7. No matter if I use
Windows Update or download the install file and execute manually, I get an
error.

Is there anyway to work around this?

I do not have any Visual Studio versions install (other than what is
installed when SQL Server 2008 is installed).

Thanks.
From: tlat on
Is anyone out there? Still getting this when I try to apply SP1 to my SQL
Server 2008 install.

TITLE: SQL Server Setup failure.

SQL Server Setup has encountered the following error:

Attempted to perform an unauthorized operation.

Error code 0x84BB0001.

BUTTONS:

OK