From: Carrie on
After many years of use, I can no longer access my Access files on my
network. I am getting messages saying:

"The file is located outside your intranet or on an untrusted site.
Microsoft Access will not open the file due to potential security problems."

All Access files are affected. No other files (Excel, Word, etc.) are
affected. These are not internet files nor were they ever. Why would this
happen all of a sudden?
From: Graham Mandeno on
Hi Carrie

This KB article may well be what you are looking for:

Intranet site is identified as an Internet site when you use an FQDN or an
IP address
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/303650
If not, post back with more info about your network setup and exactly how
you are referencing the file.
--
Good Luck!

Graham Mandeno [Access MVP]
Auckland, New Zealand

From: Graham Mandeno on
Hi Carrie

From: Carrie on

Graham - It looked like this article is what I'm looking for, however, a
lot of it did not make sense to me. I am connected to my network through
drive letter P:. Settings have not been changed over the years, what could
have possibly changed by itself and why would all other files be accessable
and not the Access files?
I'm not sure how to fix it.

From: Graham Mandeno on
Hi Carrie

I suspect that what has changed is that a "security update" has been
installed on your computer or server. This article might shed a bit more
light:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815141/

Check what your P drive is actually mapped to. My guess is that it's mapped
to a FQDN, such as:

\\servername.domain.com\sharename

If your computer is a member of domain.com, then you could try changing the
mapping to:

\\servername\sharename

If not, or if this is outside your control, try adding domain.com to your
list of local intranet or trusted sites, as detailed in the article.
--

> Graham - It looked like this article is what I'm looking for, however, a
> lot of it did not make sense to me. I am connected to my network through
> drive letter P:. Settings have not been changed over the years, what
> could
> have possibly changed by itself and why would all other files be
> accessable
> and not the Access files?
> I'm not sure how to fix it.
>

> "Graham Mandeno" wrote:
>
>> Hi Carrie
>>
>> This KB article may well be what you are looking for:
>>
>> Intranet site is identified as an Internet site when you use an FQDN or
>> an
>> IP address
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/303650
>> If not, post back with more info about your network setup and exactly how
>> you are referencing the file.
>> --
>> Good Luck!
>>
>> Graham Mandeno [Access MVP]
>> Auckland, New Zealand
>>
>> "Carrie" <Carrie(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > After many years of use, I can no longer access my Access files on my
>> > network. I am getting messages saying:
>> >
>> > "The file is located outside your intranet or on an untrusted site.
>> > Microsoft Access will not open the file due to potential security
>> > problems."
>> >
>> > All Access files are affected. No other files (Excel, Word, etc.) are
>> > affected. These are not internet files nor were they ever. Why would
>> > this
>> > happen all of a sudden?
>>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2