From: DGUX on
On Jul 31, 12:53 am, Rick Jones <rick.jon...(a)hp.com> wrote:
> Probably a snowball has a greater chance in the nether regions of the
> Earth, but you don't, by any chance, have copies of the install media
> for the version of DG/UX you are trying to get running in the virtual
> machine?  If you did, and they were on a media compatible with your
> main host (eg CD I guess rather than say floppy) you might do a
> "fresh" install into the virtual machine and then copy-over the apps
> and such from your physical system.
>
> rick jones
> --
> The computing industry isn't as much a game of "Follow The Leader" as
> it is one of "Ring Around the Rosy" or perhaps "Duck Duck Goose."
>                                                     - Rick Jones
> these opinions are mine, all mine; HP might not want them anyway... :)
> feel free to post, OR email to rick.jones2 in hp.com but NOT BOTH...

Thanks Rick,
Actually I do have an installation media, which is a combination of a
bootstrap floppy and an installation CD. Got them both.
Already tried to install on a fresh physical x86 server, it boots up
but seeks that same Adaptec controller / specific BUS ID number and
what not.Like I said, DG was clever like that.
Of course I also tried that using a VM, no go.
Besides, even if I do get a system running, I think it won't get me
far, due to the tens of patches that this machine will require to get
it as closer as possible to my production machine. That is why I
thought a full disk image would be the best solution.

Thanks,