From: DoctorG on
As we enter a formula in a cell, Excel finds matches of what is being written
comparing it to (all) formulas and ranges of the current workbook and
displays them in a drop down box just beneath the cell.
Can someone please tell me if there is a key combination that inserts the
currently selected list item in the formula being written and save me the
trouble of writing the whole thing by hand??
From: KC hotmail com> kcrippstein on
If you click the "fx" function button instead, then you can follow prompting
that guides you through completing the formula.

If you're typing a formula normally (not using the "fx" function button),
then when the available functions start to show, use your down arrow to get
to the right one and then the tab key to select it.
--
Please remember to indicate when the post is answered so others can benefit
from it later.

From: DoctorG on
Thanks KC... I have been using Excel for ages, programming and all, but I
couldn't find this anywhere. Is there somewhere I can find all of these
"shortcuts"?

From: Gord Dibben on
Just double-click on the function you want from the list.

Key combination I don't about.

Would be nice to find out.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: KC hotmail com> kcrippstein on
When I was trying to learn "pro" efficiency tips, I initially relied on John
Walkenbach, who has a great site (www.j-walk.com/ss) and several great books
("Favorite Excel Tips & Tricks" is one I reference frequently). There are
many other great books and sites as well (such as www.ozgrid.com, click on
"Free Excel Training" on the left side). Have FUN!