From: Connie Martin on
If I currently have 18 windows open (and yes, I work with that many open at
times) of various programs, and I open another file from a shortcut or from
the Desk Top's "My Documents", or from Recent Documents, it opens minimized
with all the other windows at the bottom of the screen, then I have to look
for it and click on it to maximize it. Why does it open in a minimized
status? Is there a way to change this? Connie
From: Twayne on
In news:D0C235BB-0E9E-437E-9B88-520CDE7968A1(a)microsoft.com,
Connie Martin <ConnieMartin(a)discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> If I currently have 18 windows open (and yes, I work with that many
> open at times) of various programs, and I open another file from a
> shortcut or from the Desk Top's "My Documents", or from Recent
> Documents, it opens minimized with all the other windows at the
> bottom of the screen, then I have to look for it and click on it to
> maximize it. Why does it open in a minimized status? Is there a way
> to change this? Connie

Probably. Open the shortcut to it and see if it's set to be minimized.
Change or set it to open maximized. The window on top will always be the
last one to paint the screen; so if anohter program paints the screen (say a
download completes) it's going to take the top.

HTH,

Twayne