From: Ville Walveranta on
Hello everybody,

I'm revisiting this issue after a break - about a year - and now I'm
trying to get to the bottom of this. I found a thread from five years
back (http://bit.ly/bIFigX) that discusses a similar issue, but my
situation is somewhat different.

I'm attempting to create a configuration where mail from a set of
local domains is delivered through an external relay while all other
mail (i.e. anything but the listed domains) would be relayed directly
to the receiving remote smtp servers. I would essentially want to
make the "relayshost" parameter conditional per specific domain names:
defined for some (for external relaying), and blank for some (for
direct relaying).

It may be that the only way to accomplish this is to run two separate
Postfix instances, one configured with relayhost, accepting outbound
mail for those domains that should be relayed via a remote host, and
the other configured without relayhost, accepting outbound mail for
all other relayable domains.

Before embarking on the multiple instances route, however, I wanted to
see if anyone on the list would have a solution that would make this
possible with a single Postfix instance.

Thanks for any advise & insights on this issue!

Ville

From: Ville Walveranta on
"sender_dependent_relayhost_maps" may be what I'm looking for..

From: Ville Walveranta on
sender_dependent_relayhost_maps works except that the other settings
affecting the relay aren't conditionalized by the defined relayhost
maps. In this case the relayhost for the externally relayed
"business" domains requires TLS and authentication while the relay for
the local domain (being the local Postfix) does not.

So my follow-up question is this: is it possible to affect other relay
parameters such as smtp_sasl_auth_enable or smtp_tls_security_level
with the sender_dependent_relayhost_maps?

Ville

From: Stan Hoeppner on
Ville Walveranta put forth on 7/8/2010 9:14 PM:
> sender_dependent_relayhost_maps works except that the other settings
> affecting the relay aren't conditionalized by the defined relayhost
> maps. In this case the relayhost for the externally relayed
> "business" domains requires TLS and authentication while the relay for
> the local domain (being the local Postfix) does not.
>
> So my follow-up question is this: is it possible to affect other relay
> parameters such as smtp_sasl_auth_enable or smtp_tls_security_level
> with the sender_dependent_relayhost_maps?

Something tells me you'll answer your own question before we get a chance to. ;)

--
Stan

From: Ville Walveranta on
On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 9:17 PM, Stan Hoeppner <stan(a)hardwarefreak.com> wrote:
> Something tells me you'll answer your own question before we get a chance to. ;)

;-)

I think I've now hit a wall with a singular configuration. I'll
proceed with setting up a second instance unless someone has a clever
idea how to accomplish what I'm looking for with single instance.

Ville