From: Tom Lake on

"David Murray" <adric22(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Mar 15, 1:53 pm, Dragos <mglad...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Interesting to see what this tops out at, 128Ds seem to be climbing in
>> value again. Good luck!
>
> I sold my 128D on ebay about 2 years ago and I believe I got $250 for
> it.
>
> Originally I thought I'd keep mine forever. But I realized after a
> while that all of the things I used to use the 128 mode for no longer
> apply. For example, I used to use GEOS128 for my school papers,
> Desterm in 80-column mode for calling BBSs, and BASIC7 + ML monitor
> for writing my own software. But since I now use a regular PC for all
> of those activities, the 128-side of my Commodore experience really
> didn't have any use. So I figured I'd hang on to my various C64's,
> Vic-20, Plus/4, and Amiga systems for games and whatnot, and let the
> 128D go. And I haven't missed it since. But it sure was a great
> computer when I was a kid.

I have a completely functional 128DCR system with external drives
(2 1571s and a 1581), 512K REU, joysticks, paddles, 1902 monitor,
tape drive, 803 printer with extra ribbons and with all the manuals and
disks for all the hardware. I'd sell it but it would cost over $125 just
to ship it! Who'd want to pay that much? Now if someone wanted to
drive up here to northern NY State to pick it up, they could get it for a
song (as long as the song was in tune!)

Tom L

From: DMackey828 on
On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 11:53:45 -0700 (PDT), Dragos <mgladson(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>Interesting to see what this tops out at, 128Ds seem to be climbing in
>value again. Good luck!

Yeah, Just when I decide and have the cash to buy one too...
From: DMackey828 on
On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 12:33:33 -0400, "Tom Lake" <tlake(a)twcny.rr.com>
wrote:

.....SNIP...

>I have a completely functional 128DCR system with external drives
>(2 1571s and a 1581), 512K REU, joysticks, paddles, 1902 monitor,
>tape drive, 803 printer with extra ribbons and with all the manuals and
>disks for all the hardware. I'd sell it but it would cost over $125 just
>to ship it! Who'd want to pay that much? Now if someone wanted to
>drive up here to northern NY State to pick it up, they could get it for a
>song (as long as the song was in tune!)
>
>Tom L

SOLD, I'll be Up Sunday to pick it all up.

Thanks a bunch there Tom...
From: AgentFriday on
AgentFriday Said...
>If you were including those drives with the system, $125
>shipping would not be an obstacle.

Doh! I'm such an idiot! What I really meant to say was I'll pay
you $150 shipping if you start singing...

AgentFriday
<my_nic_here(a)hotmail.com>
From: Tom Lake on

"AgentFriday" <my_nic_here(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> AgentFriday Said...
>>If you were including those drives with the system, $125
>>shipping would not be an obstacle.
>>
> Doh! I'm such an idiot! What I really meant to say was I'll pay
> you $150 shipping if you start singing...

Well, Mr. Mackey got a good deal, then! The early bird gets the worm.
Or in this case, about $500.00 worth of worms since I'm giving him
some extra stuff even he doesn't know about yet.

Tom Lake