From: Tom Lake on
> Goes to show you should not hesitate to make
> offers on ebay. One clueless seller and one
> buyer with a big grin on his face.

Not necessarily a clueless seller. I'm selling a mega system
worth over $500 (eBay prices) for just $150. I know how
much it's worth but I just want to get rid of it along with
the dozens of magazines, manuals and peripherals that go
with it. I need the space and at my age, you have to sort out
your priorities. Commodore (and computers in general)
just doesn't make the final cut.

Tom L
From: Dmackey828 on
On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 12:33:33 -0400, "Tom Lake" <tlake(a)twcny.rr.com>
wrote:

>"David Murray" <adric22(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> On Mar 15, 1:53 pm, Dragos <mglad...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Interesting to see what this tops out at, 128Ds seem to be climbing in
>>> value again. Good luck!
>>
>> I sold my 128D on ebay about 2 years ago and I believe I got $250 for
>> it.
>>
>> Originally I thought I'd keep mine forever. But I realized after a
>> while that all of the things I used to use the 128 mode for no longer
>> apply. For example, I used to use GEOS128 for my school papers,
>> Desterm in 80-column mode for calling BBSs, and BASIC7 + ML monitor
>> for writing my own software. But since I now use a regular PC for all
>> of those activities, the 128-side of my Commodore experience really
>> didn't have any use. So I figured I'd hang on to my various C64's,
>> Vic-20, Plus/4, and Amiga systems for games and whatnot, and let the
>> 128D go. And I haven't missed it since. But it sure was a great
>> computer when I was a kid.
>
>I have a completely functional 128DCR system with external drives
>(2 1571s and a 1581), 512K REU, joysticks, paddles, 1902 monitor,
>tape drive, 803 printer with extra ribbons and with all the manuals and
>disks for all the hardware. I'd sell it but it would cost over $125 just
>to ship it! Who'd want to pay that much? Now if someone wanted to
>drive up here to northern NY State to pick it up, they could get it for a
>song (as long as the song was in tune!)
>
>Tom L

Hello Tom,
Everything works like a charm. It was well worth the $150 and the 340
mile roadtrip to pick it all up.

Thank you. Have a great day...