From: Skeletor on
Hi.

I am running Access 2007. I have created a table. "tblAppointments" and a
form, "frmAppointments" and have added the following code to the "On Click"
event of the "Send to Outlook" button:

Private Sub cmdAddAppt_Click()
On Error GoTo Add_Err

'Save record first to be sure required fields are filled.
DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord

'Exit the procedure if appointment has been added to Outlook.
If Me!AddedToOutlook = True Then
MsgBox "This appointment is already added to Microsoft Outlook"
Exit Sub
'Add a new appointment.
Else
Dim objOutlook As Outlook.Application
Dim objAppt As Outlook.AppointmentItem
Dim objRecurPattern As Outlook.RecurrencePattern

Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set objAppt = objOutlook.CreateItem(olAppointmentItem)

With objAppt
.Start = Me!ApptDate & " " & Me!ApptTime
.Duration = Me!ApptLength
.Subject = Me!Appt

If Not IsNull(Me!ApptNotes) Then .Body = Me!ApptNotes
If Not IsNull(Me!ApptLocation) Then .Location = Me!ApptLocation
If Me!ApptReminder Then
.ReminderMinutesBeforeStart = Me!ReminderMinutes
.ReminderSet = True
End If

Set objRecurPattern = .GetRecurrencePattern

With objRecurPattern
.RecurrenceType = olRecursWeekly
.Interval = 1
'Once per week
.PatternStartDate = #7/9/2003#
'You could get these values
'from new text boxes on the form.
.PatternEndDate = #7/23/2003#
End With

.Save
.Close (olSave)
End With
'Release the AppointmentItem object variable.
Set objAppt = Nothing
End If

'Release the Outlook object variable.
Set objOutlook = Nothing

'Set the AddedToOutlook flag, save the record, display a message.
Me!AddedToOutlook = True
DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord
MsgBox "Appointment Added!"

Exit Sub

Add_Err:
MsgBox "Error " & Err.Number & vbCrLf & Err.Description
Exit Sub
End Sub

The appointments are sent to my calendar. I have Publish ability to several
of my staff's calendars.

What I would like to do is have a drop down box on the form with each staff
members name (and email address), select a name and have the appointment then
sent to their Outlook Calendar. Could you please advise what I need to add to
the existing code, or what new code is needed to perform this function?

Thank you in advance