From: Scotty on
Is there any reason why a person would not want to list a FQDN in
their send connector? Our Exchange server supports two domains so I'm
not sure if adding a FQDN would screw with one or the other. Also,
these Exchange Servers site behind a Barracuda Spam filter, would this
have any effect on using this field in the Send Connector?
From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 14:49:07 -0700 (PDT), Scotty
<theprepared(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Is there any reason why a person would not want to list a FQDN in
>their send connector?

There's no need to if the server is named the way you want it to be.

>Our Exchange server supports two domains so I'm
>not sure if adding a FQDN would screw with one or the other.

It won't. Your server already uses its own FQDN in the HELO\EHLO
command.

>Also,
>these Exchange Servers site behind a Barracuda Spam filter, would this
>have any effect on using this field in the Send Connector?

No.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP