From: shapper on
Hello,

I am sending an HTML newsletter to various subscribers.
I created two alternate views: Text/Html and Text/Plain

In Outlook the email looks fine but in GMail I don't get the Html
version.
If I remove the Text/Plain version then the Html version is displayed.

Any idea why?

Should I only send a HTML version?

My code is as follows:

AlternateView html =
AlternateView.CreateAlternateViewFromString(htmlContent.ToString(),
null, "text/html");
html.TransferEncoding = TransferEncoding.QuotedPrintable;

AlternateView text =
AlternateView.CreateAlternateViewFromString(textContent.ToString(),
null, "text/plain");
text.TransferEncoding = TransferEncoding.QuotedPrintable;

try {
foreach (Subscriber s in subscribers) {

MailMessage mail = new MailMessage();
mail.AlternateViews.Add(html);
mail.AlternateViews.Add(text); // Disables Html Version in
GMail
mail.From = _mails["NoReply"];
mail.Priority = MailPriority.Normal;,

mail.Subject = newsletter.Name;
mail.To.Add(new MailAddress(s.Email, s.Name));

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank You,
Miguel
From: Andy O'Neill on

"shapper" <mdmoura(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am sending an HTML newsletter to various subscribers.
> I created two alternate views: Text/Html and Text/Plain
>
> In Outlook the email looks fine but in GMail I don't get the Html
> version.
> If I remove the Text/Plain version then the Html version is displayed.
>
> Any idea why?

Are you viewing the results in gmail in a web page?
Because gmail is going to have some css of it's own.