From: Alice Wei on

Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 15:42:29 +0200
Subject: Re: [PHP-WIN] Send Mail from PHP Using SMTP Authentication
From: tyra3l(a)gmail.com
To: ajwei(a)alumni.iu.edu
CC: php-windows(a)lists.php.net

Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 22:13:10 +0200

From: tyra3l(a)gmail.com

To: ajwei(a)alumni.iu.edu

CC: php-windows(a)lists.php.net

http://www.php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.include-path

Tyrael

I tried installing the Pear Mail package, it is now located in

php/PEAR/Mail, and my code is located in the htdocs. Here is the code:

require_once("Mail.php");

$mail

= Mail::factory("mail");

$your_name = $_POST['your_name'];

$email

= $_POST['email'];

$question = $_POST['question'];

$comments=

$_POST['comments'];

$submit = $_POST['submit'];

if($_POST['submit']=="Submit")

{

$from = "elite.english(a)att.net";

$to = $email;

$subject =

"Comments Regarding HH Web Design Studio";

$body = "From:

$your_name\n E-Mail: $email\n Reason Contact: $question\n Comments:\n

$comments";

$host = "smtp.att.yahoo.com";

$username =

"my_user_name";

$password = "password";

$headers = array ('From'

=> $from,

'To' => $to,

'Subject' => $subject);

$mail->send($to,

$headers, $body);

if (PEAR::isError($mail)) echo "<p>" .

$mail->getMessage() . "</p>";

This is what I get:

Fatal error: Class 'Mail' not found in C:\xampp\htdocs\Alice.Wei\web\mail.php

on line 30

Do I need to move the Mail PEAR class to the

same folder as my web folder? How can I make sure that my Pear is

running?

Thanks for your help.

http://www.php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.include-path
set the PEAR path to your include_path in your php.ini

I did have that. I have include_path = ".;C:\xampp\php\PEAR;". Do I have to physically type in pear install Mail to install the Mail package here?

Thanks.

Alice

From: Ferenc Kovacs on
On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 3:54 PM, Alice Wei <ajwei(a)alumni.iu.edu> wrote:

> ------------------------------
> Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 15:42:29 +0200
>
> Subject: Re: [PHP-WIN] Send Mail from PHP Using SMTP Authentication
> From: tyra3l(a)gmail.com
> To: ajwei(a)alumni.iu.edu
> CC: php-windows(a)lists.php.net
>

> On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Alice Wei <ajwei(a)alumni.iu.edu> wrote:
>

> Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 22:13:10 +0200
> Subject: Re: [PHP-WIN] Send Mail from PHP Using SMTP Authentication
> From: tyra3l(a)gmail.com
> To: ajwei(a)alumni.iu.edu
> CC: php-windows(a)lists.php.net
>
> http://www.php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.include-path
>
> Tyrael
>
> I tried installing the Pear Mail package, it is now located in
> php/PEAR/Mail, and my code is located in the htdocs. Here is the code:
>
> require_once("Mail.php");
> $mail
> = Mail::factory("mail");
>
> $your_name = $_POST['your_name'];
> $email
> = $_POST['email'];
> $question = $_POST['question'];
> $comments=
> $_POST['comments'];
> $submit = $_POST['submit'];
>
> if($_POST['submit']=="Submit")
> {
> $from = "elite.english(a)att.net";
> $to = $email;
> $subject =
> "Comments Regarding HH Web Design Studio";
> $body = "From:
> $your_name\n E-Mail: $email\n Reason Contact: $question\n Comments:\n
> $comments";
>
> $host = "smtp.att.yahoo.com";
> $username =
> "my_user_name";
> $password = "password";
> $headers = array ('From'
> => $from,
> 'To' => $to,
> 'Subject' => $subject);
> $mail->send($to,
> $headers, $body);
>
> if (PEAR::isError($mail)) echo "<p>" .
> $mail->getMessage() . "</p>";
>
> This is what I get:
>
> Fatal error: Class 'Mail' not found in
> C:\xampp\htdocs\Alice.Wei\web\mail.php
> on line 30
>
> Do I need to move the Mail PEAR class to the
> same folder as my web folder? How can I make sure that my Pear is
> running?
> Thanks for your help.
>

> http://www.php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.include-path
> set the PEAR path to your include_path in your php.ini
>
> I did have that. I have *include_path = ".;C:\xampp\php\PEAR;"*. Do I have
> to physically type in pear install Mail to install the Mail package here?

As far as I remember, the xampp is by default contains the Mail package, but
you should check the presence of the Mail.php in the C:\xampp\php\PEAR
directory.
the include_path seems good but the last ; is not necessary.
Could you check that you removed the ; from the begining of the line, and
that you don't have any other active include_path line in your php.ini, and
you modified the correct php.ini?
last time when I checked xampp, the php.ini was in xampp/apache/bin

Tyrael

From: Alice Wei on

Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 16:05:31 +0200
From: tyra3l(a)gmail.com
To: ajwei(a)alumni.iu.edu

Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 15:42:29 +0200
From: tyra3l(a)gmail.com

To: ajwei(a)alumni.iu.edu

Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 22:13:10 +0200

From: tyra3l(a)gmail.com

To: ajwei(a)alumni.iu.edu

[...]

Interesting, l just checked my phpinfo() page, and the Loaded configuration file is claimed to be located at C:\xampp\php\php.ini, and the configure command, it reads cscript/nologo configure.js "--enable-snashot-build". The PHP_PEAR_SYSCONF_DIR is C:\xampp\php, When I use cmd to run the command, I type C:\xampp\php>pear and the output returns blank.

Looks like I don't have PEAR installed. If these are included properly, how can I install it?

Thanks.

Alice