From: Jim Bunton on
I'm actualy using Visual Basic for Applications in Access 2000 Windows XP
[Tried the access group and only got the reply (buy) and use our smtp
server]
[I am used to including and using some Windows API calls]

I would like to send and email messages directly from vb code without first
installing a third party smtp server.

I use OutlookExpress for normal emails BUT my users may not!

I simply want to bypass any installed general mail application installed and
not effect it any way.

?? pointers ??
?? example soluntions ??

--
Jim Bunton

From: GS on
This might be a good place to get you started:
http://www.Planet-Source-Code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=36337&lngWId=1

HTH
Kind regards,
Garry

From: GS on
Sorry! I have changed my settings to use plain text for this newsgroup.
Thanks for letting me know!.

Kind regards,
Garry

From: Jim Bunton on
Dear Garry,
Thanks for your response to my posting.

I have downloaded the zip and extracted the files.

the .vbp file will not load* - error - "Returned is an invalid entry key.

*[Ms Visual basic - 32 bit 1987 - 1997
err - yes I know it's a bit old!]

manged to get the form to show in the VB development app BUT it won'd run
and it looks like there's a lot missing!

Looked at the files in the zip in text editor - can't see a lot in the way
of code and nothing by way of explanation!

Jim

PS sorry you got told off about the html - actually I quite like it!!