From: Shrek on
Hi,

this is an Exchange Server 2003 in a AD 2003 environment. I want to ensure
that only users in active directory can send via the exchange server. At the
moment it is possible to send with adresses "usernotinad(a)domain.com"
How can I stop this?

thx, Shrek
From: Bharat Suneja [MVP] on
Assuming this is for SMTP clients - Outlook/MAPI users can't control this -
you can't really control what a user/SMTP client provides in SMTP headers.

Though not a solution for this, you can make sure SMTP clients authenticate.
--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

From: Shrek on
Hi,

thank you, and how do I make sure they authenticate?

Shrek

From: Bharat Suneja [MVP] on
SMTP Virtual Server - authentication settings (on the SMTP VSes used by
POP/IMAP clients).

From: Shrek on
Hi,

thank you! And this does not affect other SMTP servers when sending mails to
"my" mailserver? Because I disabled anonymous login on the virtual SMTP
Server.

Shrek
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2