From: gray asphalt on
I'm having a blast ripping a bunch of classical
CDs with Exact Audio Copy. It converts them to
MP3 using "Lame", an external codec. I know
you probably know all about this. Anyway, I'm
wondering if I can send music to different sets
of speakers in different rooms ... they can be USB
or from one or two audio cards but I'd like to use
the same player.

Sort of like inserting a "send" in Sonar, but with
just a player.

Are you having fun too?

From: Sue Morton on
Put doublers (not splitters) your output from your soundcard, and run the
lines to wherever you like? If you have wireless speakers that's even
easier, just wire to your transmitter.

If you want to pick and choose what speakers receive the output, use
switchboxes on the output from your card.

The sky's the limit... as long as your budget has no limits :-)
--
Sue Morton

From: gray asphalt on

That's going to work. Thanks Sue. I didn't know there
was such a thing as doublers. I wonder though, since
Media Player can play to one set of USB speakers while
VLC can play to another at the same time, USB or soundcard,
if there isn't a way to do this through software. I'm going
to Amazon to find doublers, now ... : -)

From: Here In Oregon on

"gray asphalt" > Are you having fun too?

Yes!
From: Sue Morton on
I thought you meant you had one soundcard out, so you'd need cabling in that
case. If you have multiple outs you can use a virtual audio cable if the
software you're using (e.g. Windows Media Player) doesn't have this feature.
http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.html free trial to make sure it
works for you before buying it. Or use a different player, such as VLC...
I don't use WinAmp very often, I don't recall if it has this feature or if
there is a plugin for it.