From: Karl E. Peterson on
After serious thinking Ralph wrote :
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote in message
>> Ralph has brought this to us :
>>> "Rob Tuch" <RobTuch(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>>> What part of your previous replies didn't you like?
>>>
>>> [As for your last question, I'll repeat - IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!]
>>
>> Coulda swore I'd heard that said somewhere else? Huh...
>>

> Ha.
>
> Yep, was quoting you. Since he didn't seem to believe you I left your name
> off.

Probably for the best...

--
[.NET: It's About Trust!]

From: Dee Earley on
On 08/12/2009 18:55, Ralph wrote:
> "Rob Tuch"<RobTuch(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Microsoft has committed to support VB6 applications in Vista and Windows
>> 7.
>>
>> However, it appears that support for VB Sendkeys is still lacking. The
>> latest updates for Windows Vista and Windows 7 appear to support Sendkeys
>> ONLY if UAC is turned off.
>
> What part of your previous replies didn't you like?

It's a different group on the same server. Of course, it's going to be
populated by completely different people with different answers.

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems
From: Ralph on

"Dee Earley" <dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk> wrote in message
> On 08/12/2009 18:55, Ralph wrote:
> > "Rob Tuch"<RobTuch(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> Microsoft has committed to support VB6 applications in Vista and
Windows
> >> 7.
> >>
> >> However, it appears that support for VB Sendkeys is still lacking. The
> >> latest updates for Windows Vista and Windows 7 appear to support
Sendkeys
> >> ONLY if UAC is turned off.
> >
> > What part of your previous replies didn't you like?
>
> It's a different group on the same server. Of course, it's going to be
> populated by completely different people with different answers.

Yes, I can see that now.

-ralph
<g>

From: Paul Clement on
On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 10:29:02 -0800, Rob Tuch <RobTuch(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

� Microsoft has committed to support VB6 applications in Vista and Windows 7.

� However, it appears that support for VB Sendkeys is still lacking. The
� latest updates for Windows Vista and Windows 7 appear to support Sendkeys
� ONLY if UAC is turned off.

� For customers who use an older (VB6) version of our product who still insist
� on installing Windows Vista and Windows 7, currently the only solutions we
� can offer is to turn UAC off--which is unacceptable for some. This prevents
� users from potentially updating thousands of workstations.

� I hope to discover if and when Microsoft will update Vista and Windows 7 so
� that VB6 (and Windows Scripting Host) Sendkeys will work as it does with UAC
� off.

It's not a bug but a security issue, so it wouldn't be changed for either VB 6.0 or .NET.

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)