From: Rob Tuch on

Microsoft has committed to support VB6 applications in Vista and Windows 7.

However, it appears that support for VB Sendkeys is still lacking. The
latest updates for Windows Vista and Windows 7 appear to support Sendkeys
ONLY if UAC is turned off.

For customers who use an older (VB6) version of our product who still insist
on installing Windows Vista and Windows 7, currently the only solutions we
can offer is to turn UAC off--which is unacceptable for some. This prevents
users from potentially updating thousands of workstations.

I hope to discover if and when Microsoft will update Vista and Windows 7 so
that VB6 (and Windows Scripting Host) Sendkeys will work as it does with UAC
off.

From: Ralph on

"Rob Tuch" <RobTuch(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Microsoft has committed to support VB6 applications in Vista and Windows
7.

> However, it appears that support for VB Sendkeys is still lacking. The
> latest updates for Windows Vista and Windows 7 appear to support Sendkeys
> ONLY if UAC is turned off.
>
> For customers who use an older (VB6) version of our product who still
insist
> on installing Windows Vista and Windows 7, currently the only solutions we
> can offer is to turn UAC off--which is unacceptable for some. This
prevents
> users from potentially updating thousands of workstations.
>
> I hope to discover if and when Microsoft will update Vista and Windows 7
so
> that VB6 (and Windows Scripting Host) Sendkeys will work as it does with
UAC
> off.

What part of your previous replies didn't you like?

[As for your last question, I'll repeat - IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!]

-ralph

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Ralph has brought this to us :
> "Rob Tuch" <RobTuch(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Microsoft has committed to support VB6 applications in Vista and Windows 7.
>>
>> However, it appears that support for VB Sendkeys is still lacking. The
>> latest updates for Windows Vista and Windows 7 appear to support Sendkeys
>> ONLY if UAC is turned off.
>>
>> For customers who use an older (VB6) version of our product who still insist
>> on installing Windows Vista and Windows 7, currently the only solutions we
>> can offer is to turn UAC off--which is unacceptable for some. This prevents
>> users from potentially updating thousands of workstations.
>>
>> I hope to discover if and when Microsoft will update Vista and Windows 7 so
>> that VB6 (and Windows Scripting Host) Sendkeys will work as it does with UAC
>> off.
>>

> What part of your previous replies didn't you like?
>
> [As for your last question, I'll repeat - IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!]

Coulda swore I'd heard that said somewhere else? Huh...

--
[.NET: It's About Trust!]

From: David Kaye on
=?Utf-8?B?Um9iIFR1Y2g=?= <RobTuch(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>However, it appears that support for VB Sendkeys is still lacking. The
>latest updates for Windows Vista and Windows 7 appear to support Sendkeys
>ONLY if UAC is turned off.

My advice is to ditch Sendkeys entirely and rethink your philosophy. I think
it was terrible to begin with since it appears to be a kluge from the early
days.

That's my advice, though I'm sure a lot of people won't like it.

From: Ralph on

"Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote in message
> Ralph has brought this to us :
> > "Rob Tuch" <RobTuch(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> Microsoft has committed to support VB6 applications in Vista and
Windows 7.

> >> However, it appears that support for VB Sendkeys is still lacking. The
> >> latest updates for Windows Vista and Windows 7 appear to support
Sendkeys
> >> ONLY if UAC is turned off.
> >>
> >> For customers who use an older (VB6) version of our product who still
insist
> >> on installing Windows Vista and Windows 7, currently the only solutions
we
> >> can offer is to turn UAC off--which is unacceptable for some. This
prevents
> >> users from potentially updating thousands of workstations.
> >>
> >> I hope to discover if and when Microsoft will update Vista and Windows
7 so
> >> that VB6 (and Windows Scripting Host) Sendkeys will work as it does
with UAC
> >> off.
> >>

> > What part of your previous replies didn't you like?
> >
> > [As for your last question, I'll repeat - IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!]
>
> Coulda swore I'd heard that said somewhere else? Huh...

Ha.

Yep, was quoting you. Since he didn't seem to believe you I left your name
off.

-ralph