From: JD on
Hi guys,

One of my clients would like to send message through my app to the
users. Anybody known if it is possible in VO and can give me an
sample?

Thanks.

Jairo
From: Geoff Schaller on
Net Send of course...

But you don't really describe your environment in much detail. Is this a
LAN, is it a domain, are they running your app to receive the message,
do you have domain info or IP addresses?

If your app is running and you want to send a message to running apps -
no problem. You simply have a small table that acts as a message carrier
and in your app you are running a timer which consults this table
periodically. If you are in a domain then you could run a service which
implements this on each machine if you don't like Net Send. If you are
not in a domain and want to do a 'windows' thing you are smack out of
luck. It will never work satisfactorily.

Geoff

From: Urs Eggmann on
Hi Jairo,

Go to the Homepage of the Usergroup Bodensee, (www.voug-bodendee.net) there
you will find a sample how to recieve RSS-Feeds by the users. Unfortunately
it is in German.

Regards
Urs

From: Dirk (Belgium) on
Geoff Schaller wrote:

> Net Send of course...
>

> Geoff

Net Send is not supported anymore by Microsoft, starting with OS Vista,
So, also not supported in Win7.

Dirk

From: Geoff Schaller on
It has been replaced with msg.exe