From: Gandalf on
Hi,

I try to send a sms through a C# application on a PPC 2002 PDA.
The code is the following :
int smsHandle;
Sms mySMS=new Sms(SmsMode.Send);
SmsAddress myAddr=new SmsAddress();
SmsMessageStatus myStat=new SmsMessageStatus();
myAddr.Address="+33650003000";
myAddr.Type = OpenNETCF.Phone.AddressType.International;
smsHandle=mySMS.SendMessage(myAddr,"the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy
dog");

In the back of the PDA, I have another application which is activating the
modem and which is attaching to the GPRS. Is it enough to use the code which
is above ?
Because when the first method is executed "Sms mySMS=new
Sms(SmsMode.Send);", I have the following error :

"MissingMethodException in OpenNETCF.Phone.dll".

If someone know where the problem comes from ?

Thanks in advance.
From: Peter Foot [MVP] on
What device are you using? You'll get a MissingMethodException if the device
is not a Phone Edition device (doesn't have sms.dll)

Peter

--
Peter Foot
Windows Embedded MVP

From: Gandalf on
Hi,

I'm using a PDA with the following OS : Pocket PC 2003 and it's not a Phone
Edition platform.
Is there another way to do that on this device ?

Thanks in advance.

From: andrei.croitoriu@gmail.com on
You could use a SMS Web Service... that's what I did on my Pocket PC
(Dell Axim X51 -WM5). The Web Service I have used it's called
StrikeIron ... if I remember well. Anyway I don't think it's possible
to send SMS for a Pocket PC without smartphone capabilities.

Hope it helps!

Regards,
AndreiC

Pages: 1