From: Piglit on
I have a SSF2929P gps module which I wish to enable the ZDA string.
If I apply power to the module it happily spits out data, finds
sattelites etc
and displays results on my terminal, but nothing I send to the module
will stop the flow of data and put it into a mode to accept the
commands.
I'm beginning to think comms with this thing is half duplex, not full
duplex.
If this is the case, how do I reverse the flow and make it listen ?
(Yes I do have Rx and Tx connected)
Cheers
From: Winston on
On 7/23/2010 6:52 PM, Piglit wrote:
> I have a SSF2929P gps module which I wish to enable the ZDA string.
> If I apply power to the module it happily spits out data, finds
> sattelites etc
> and displays results on my terminal, but nothing I send to the module
> will stop the flow of data and put it into a mode to accept the
> commands.
> I'm beginning to think comms with this thing is half duplex, not full
> duplex.
> If this is the case, how do I reverse the flow and make it listen ?
> (Yes I do have Rx and Tx connected)
> Cheers

Apparently, anything that you send must be a valid
NMEA - formatted string with a checksum at the end.
Anything else will be ignored.

Try: $GPWPL,4807.038,N,01131.000,E,WPTNME*5C

http://www.gpsinformation.org/dale/nmea.htm see
the entry that starts:
"WPL - Waypoint Location data"

So you get to format the string as a text file and
then copy to comx:

Please let us know how you progress!

--Winston
From: Jamie on
Piglit wrote:

> I have a SSF2929P gps module which I wish to enable the ZDA string.
> If I apply power to the module it happily spits out data, finds
> sattelites etc
> and displays results on my terminal, but nothing I send to the module
> will stop the flow of data and put it into a mode to accept the
> commands.
> I'm beginning to think comms with this thing is half duplex, not full
> duplex.
> If this is the case, how do I reverse the flow and make it listen ?
> (Yes I do have Rx and Tx connected)
> Cheers
most devices have a protocol you need to follow....
most have a CRC system to deduce error, and also, some have a way
to get out/in data mode like in the olds of external modems...
etc...

YOu need to read the data sheet on it..

From: Winston on
On 7/24/2010 9:18 AM, Jamie wrote:
> Piglit wrote:
>
>> I have a SSF2929P gps module which I wish to enable the ZDA string.
>> If I apply power to the module it happily spits out data, finds
>> sattelites etc
>> and displays results on my terminal, but nothing I send to the module
>> will stop the flow of data and put it into a mode to accept the
>> commands.
>> I'm beginning to think comms with this thing is half duplex, not full
>> duplex.
>> If this is the case, how do I reverse the flow and make it listen ?
>> (Yes I do have Rx and Tx connected)
>> Cheers
> most devices have a protocol you need to follow....

Yup.

http://www.gpsinformation.org/dale/nmea.htm

> most have a CRC system to deduce error, and also, some have a way
> to get out/in data mode like in the olds of external modems...
> etc...
>
> YOu need to read the data sheet on it..

This one?
http://www.element-14.com/community/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadBody/13410-102-1-42402/40.Sirf%20nmea%20ref%20manual.pdf

:)

--Winston
From: Jamie on
Winston wrote:

> On 7/24/2010 9:18 AM, Jamie wrote:
>
>> Piglit wrote:
>>
>>> I have a SSF2929P gps module which I wish to enable the ZDA string.
>>> If I apply power to the module it happily spits out data, finds
>>> sattelites etc
>>> and displays results on my terminal, but nothing I send to the module
>>> will stop the flow of data and put it into a mode to accept the
>>> commands.
>>> I'm beginning to think comms with this thing is half duplex, not full
>>> duplex.
>>> If this is the case, how do I reverse the flow and make it listen ?
>>> (Yes I do have Rx and Tx connected)
>>> Cheers
>>
>> most devices have a protocol you need to follow....
>

> Yup.
>
> http://www.gpsinformation.org/dale/nmea.htm
>
>> most have a CRC system to deduce error, and also, some have a way
>> to get out/in data mode like in the olds of external modems...
>> etc...
>>
>> YOu need to read the data sheet on it..
>

> This one?
> http://www.element-14.com/community/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadBody/13410-102-1-42402/40.Sirf%20nmea%20ref%20manual.pdf
>

> :)
>
> --Winston
$PSRFxxx,x,x,x,x*xx<cr><lf>

Is that what you're referring too?

P.S.
Make sure you send the CR and LF at the end..
and of course, calculate the CRC, and there are
no spaces.

I know the Doc's say Xor with characters between the $ and * how ever,
they don't really give you an example. I can only assume they are Xoring
each char maybe with FF and then summing..

Who knows.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Charge Conservation: It's Ready