From: jtorres on
I opened up the properties of the IIS SMTP Server, Advanced tab, and put in
servername.domain.com and that appeared to stop the Undeliverables getting
generated and recipients can now receive our emails.

I imagine I have to add an SPF record to reduce the likelihood emails from
this server will be tagged as spam?

From: Ken Schaefer on
An SPF record can assist. It all depends on what checks the remote
mailserver does. And if you are actually sending spam, then having an SPF
isn't going to stop someone at the other classifying your messages as spam
:-)

Cheers
Ken

From: Grant Taylor on
On 04/15/10 07:29, Ken Schaefer wrote:
> And if you are actually sending spam, then having an SPF isn't going
> to stop someone at the other classifying your messages as spam :-)

I have seen systems incorrectly lower spam score if messages passed SPF
checks. So in that case, having an SPF record did help the spammer's
messages get through. Which is why doing this is so bad.

Grant. . . .