From: Dipak Biswal on
Hi List,

I am trying to setup postfix for mass mailing. I need help in following
areas:

1. how can we send mails using different IP's .
2. how can we set sleep time between mails.

Thanks in advance.

From: Jerry on
On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 19:08:28 +0530
Dipak Biswal <dipak.biswal(a)meritnation.com> articulated:

> I am trying to setup postfix for mass mailing. I need help in
> following areas:
>
> 1. how can we send mails using different IP's .
> 2. how can we set sleep time between mails.

Seriously, have you even attempted to find documentation on either of
the questions asked above?

Define "Mass Mailing".

Start here: http://www.postfix.com/, and remember Google and/or Bing
are you friends.

--
Jerry ✌
postfix-user(a)seibercom.net

Save energy: be apathetic.

From: Wietse Venema on
Dipak Biswal:
> Hi List,
>
> I am trying to setup postfix for mass mailing. I need help in following
> areas:
>
> 1. how can we send mails using different IP's .

See Postfix 2.7 RELEASE_NOTES file for sender reputation support
(this uses different source IP addresses to different classes of
sender addresses).

Sending mail from randomly-chosen IP addresses is considered
anti-social. There are no plans to support that in Postfix.

> 2. how can we set sleep time between mails.

You need the per-destination rate delay feature in Postfix 2.5.7
or later. See also recent threads on the mailing list, or the
current version of the documentation at

http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#default_destination_rate_delay

Wietse

From: Phil Howard on
On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 09:38, Dipak Biswal
<dipak.biswal(a)meritnation.com> wrote:
> Hi List,

Who?

> I am trying to setup postfix for mass mailing. I need help in following
> areas:
>
> 1. how can we send mails using different IP's .

I suspect you don't need to. But, depending on volume, you may need
send from multiple machines, which, absent firewall NAT that makes it
all look like one IP address, does mean there would be many IP
addresses involved. Get the IPs from your upstream provider, make
sure DNS is all correct, and set it up to go.

Just how many is "mass" in this case?

From: Stan Hoeppner on
Dipak Biswal put forth on 6/30/2010 8:38 AM:
> Hi List,
>
> I am trying to setup postfix for mass mailing. I need help in following
> areas:
>
> 1. how can we send mails using different IP's .
> 2. how can we set sleep time between mails.

We are not in the business of assisting spammers here. Sending legitimate
bulk email doesn't require multiple source IPs or sleep periods. That's a
spammer tactic to keep from being blacklisted.

If you believe you have a legitimate need for this capability, I suggest you
architect your legitimate bulk email sending solution according to best
practices for senders. Start here:

http://urbanmarketingnetwork.com/blog/index.php/2009/03/13/improve-mass-email-deliverablity-the-long-way/

If you think this process will be too time consuming then you have no business
sending "legitimate" bulk email to begin with. Sending legit bulk email is a
_responsibility_ not a _right_. If you're not responsible enough to follow
good sender rules and practices, then you shouldn't be sending bulk email
period. If you want to take shortcuts to get around people's spam filters,
that makes you a spammer.

Cheers.

--
Stan