From: David Touzeau on
Dear

I would like to redirect messages that recipient are not listed in
aliases to a single mailbox

have set

virtual_alias_maps=hash:/etc/postfix/virtual

users1(a)domain.tld users1(a)domain.tld
users2(a)domain.tld users2(a)domain.tld
users3(a)domain.tld users3(a)domain.tld
@domain.tld noexistant(a)domain.tld

is there is way to do this ?

Best regards

From: Ansgar Wiechers on
On 2010-06-30 David Touzeau wrote:
> I would like to redirect messages that recipient are not listed in
> aliases to a single mailbox
>
> have set
>
> virtual_alias_maps=hash:/etc/postfix/virtual
>
> users1(a)domain.tld users1(a)domain.tld
> users2(a)domain.tld users2(a)domain.tld
> users3(a)domain.tld users3(a)domain.tld
> @domain.tld noexistant(a)domain.tld
>
> is there is way to do this ?

The above should do what you want, provided that noexistant is an
existing mailbox.

If it doesn't work: please supply the output of "postconf -n" and a log
excerpt demonstrating the problem.

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers
--Joel Spolsky

From: Charles Marcus on
On 2010-06-30 10:00 AM, Ansgar Wiechers wrote:
> On 2010-06-30 David Touzeau wrote:
>> I would like to redirect messages that recipient are not listed in
>> aliases to a single mailbox
>>
>> have set
>>
>> virtual_alias_maps=hash:/etc/postfix/virtual
>>
>> users1(a)domain.tld users1(a)domain.tld
>> users2(a)domain.tld users2(a)domain.tld
>> users3(a)domain.tld users3(a)domain.tld
>> @domain.tld noexistant(a)domain.tld
>>
>> is there is way to do this ?

> The above should do what you want, provided that noexistant is an
> existing mailbox.

But of course, there is generally no good reason to do this, and it
totally breaks recipient validation so should never be done without a
*very* good reason.

--

Best regards,

Charles

From: Ansgar Wiechers on
On 2010-06-30 Charles Marcus wrote:
> On 2010-06-30 10:00 AM, Ansgar Wiechers wrote:
>> On 2010-06-30 David Touzeau wrote:
>>> I would like to redirect messages that recipient are not listed in
>>> aliases to a single mailbox
>>>
>>> have set
>>>
>>> virtual_alias_maps=hash:/etc/postfix/virtual
>>>
>>> users1(a)domain.tld users1(a)domain.tld
>>> users2(a)domain.tld users2(a)domain.tld
>>> users3(a)domain.tld users3(a)domain.tld
>>> @domain.tld noexistant(a)domain.tld
>>>
>>> is there is way to do this ?
>
> > The above should do what you want, provided that noexistant is an
> > existing mailbox.
>
> But of course, there is generally no good reason to do this, and it
> totally breaks recipient validation so should never be done without a
> *very* good reason.

Indeed, I should've mentioned that implementing catch-all usually is not
a good idea.

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers
--Joel Spolsky

From: David Touzeau on
dear I know this is not a good idea but this is for an internal server
in order to auto-create mailboxes.
A script parse the catch-all mailbox and create the appropriate mailbox

THe behavior is when i send mail to users1(a)domain.tld the catch-all
take the hand and all mails are transfered to it noexistant(a)domain.tld

so i have 2 choices :

enable catch-all but all mail going trough the catch-all mailbox

disable catch-all and forgot the script...