From: Rich Gomes on
I have been testing out the following Sendmail and Active Directory
verification configuration:
http://www.shocknetwork.com/forum/post35.html

Works very well with two exceptions. Hoping someone can help.

Queries against groups (with known SMTP addresses) fails with 'User
Unknown' (same as an invalid user)
How can I get it to query Groups as well as users?

Additionally, I would prefer it to simply drop the email rather than
send an NDR. How can that be changed?

Thanks in advance

Rich
From: Rich Gomes on
On Nov 5, 4:24 pm, Rich Gomes <richgo...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been testing out the following Sendmail and Active Directory
> verification configuration:http://www.shocknetwork.com/forum/post35.html
>
> Works very well with two exceptions. Hoping someone can help.
>
> Queries against groups (with known SMTP addresses) fails with 'User
> Unknown' (same as an invalid user)
> How can I get it to query Groups as well as users?
>
> Additionally, I would prefer it to simply drop the email rather than
> send an NDR. How can that be changed?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Rich

I have a small update:

Hard-coding the Expansion Server on a Distribution List works.
This however, is not a good idea with a distributed Exchange
enviroment.
Is there anyway to configure Sendmail to query Groups as well as
Users?
The sendmail.schema file perhaps?
From: Erich Titl on
Hi

a tad late, but nevetheless....

Rich Gomes wrote:
> On Nov 5, 4:24 pm, Rich Gomes <richgo...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have been testing out the following Sendmail and Active Directory
>> verification configuration:http://www.shocknetwork.com/forum/post35.html

I have not looked into that hack, so I don't know why it is needed at
all....

>> Works very well with two exceptions. Hoping someone can help.
>>
>> Queries against groups (with known SMTP addresses) fails with 'User
>> Unknown' (same as an invalid user)
>> How can I get it to query Groups as well as users?

Typically by modifying the ldap lookup.

This here works for me....

# LDAP routing maps
Kldapmh null

Kldapmra ldap -1 -T<TMPF> -v mail -k
(&(|(objectclass=user)(objectclass=group))(proxyAddresses=smtp:%0))

>> Additionally, I would prefer it to simply drop the email rather than
>> send an NDR. How can that be changed?

That may require a hack or you could define a mail sink and route it there.

cheers

Erich
From: Andrzej Adam Filip on
Erich Titl <erich.titl(a)think.ch> wrote:
> Hi
>
> a tad late, but nevetheless....
>
> Rich Gomes wrote:
>> On Nov 5, 4:24 pm, Rich Gomes <richgo...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I have been testing out the following Sendmail and Active Directory
>>> verification configuration:http://www.shocknetwork.com/forum/post35.html
>>>

> I have not looked into that hack, so I don't know why it is needed at
> all....
>
>>> Works very well with two exceptions. Hoping someone can help.
>>>
>>> Queries against groups (with known SMTP addresses) fails with 'User
>>> Unknown' (same as an invalid user)
>>> How can I get it to query Groups as well as users?
>
> Typically by modifying the ldap lookup.
>
> This here works for me....
>
> # LDAP routing maps
> Kldapmh null
>
> Kldapmra ldap -1 -T<TMPF> -v mail -k
> (&(|(objectclass=user)(objectclass=group))(proxyAddresses=smtp:%0))

Do you mean the following
define(`LDAPMRA',`ldap -1 -T<TMPF> -v mail -k (&(|(objectclass=user)(objectclass=group))(proxyAddresses=smtp:%0))')
FEATURE(`ldap_routing', `null', LDAPMRA, `bounce')

URL(s):
http://www.sendmail.org/m4/ldap_routing.html

--
[pl>en Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi(a)onet.eu : Andrzej.Filip(a)gmail.com
P.S. I suppose I really should be nicer to people today, considering
From: Erich Titl on
Andrzej Adam Filip wrote:
> Erich Titl <erich.titl(a)think.ch> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> a tad late, but nevetheless....
>>
>> Rich Gomes wrote:
>>>>
>> I have not looked into that hack, so I don't know why it is needed at
>> all....

>> Typically by modifying the ldap lookup.
>>
>> This here works for me....
>>
>> # LDAP routing maps
>> Kldapmh null
>>
>> Kldapmra ldap -1 -T<TMPF> -v mail -k
>> (&(|(objectclass=user)(objectclass=group))(proxyAddresses=smtp:%0))
>
> Do you mean the following
> define(`LDAPMRA',`ldap -1 -T<TMPF> -v mail -k (&(|(objectclass=user)(objectclass=group))(proxyAddresses=smtp:%0))')
> FEATURE(`ldap_routing', `null', LDAPMRA, `bounce')

in m4speak, yes