From: sasidhar prabhakar on
when we send mail to any mailservers, if that recipient not there or
some other reasons it will return 500 errors.
How can we configure sendmail not send those mails to mail queue.
i.e. if the user not there it is not necessary it to send again.
Can we configure sendmail like this.
If it is possible please help me.

Thanks,
sasidhar.
From: Grant Taylor on
On 11/06/09 08:28, sasidhar prabhakar wrote:
> when we send mail to any mailservers, if that recipient not there or
> some other reasons it will return 500 errors.
> How can we configure sendmail not send those mails to mail queue.
> i.e. if the user not there it is not necessary it to send again.
> Can we configure sendmail like this.
> If it is possible please help me.

It sounds like you are wanting Sendmail to not send Delivery Status
Notifications when it tries to send an email to an invalid recipient.

If this is the case, you might want to look at the Delivery Status
Notification "notify" option to tell Sendmail not to send a DSN on delay
or failure.

Grant. . . .