From: byrnejb on
CentOS4.8
cyrus-imapd-2.2.12-10
sendmail-8.13.1-3.3

I have an established sendmail/imap setup that I wish to have support
plus address formats, like usidername+subfolder(a)domain.tld, such that
the messages are delivered directly into the user's mailbox subfolder
and not into their inbox.

I have the following settings in the sendmail.mc file

Define define(`CYRUSV2_MAILER_ARGS', `FILE /var/lib/imap/socket/
lmtp')dnl
Define define(`confLOCAL_MAILER',`cyrusv2')dnl
Mailer MAILER(`cyrusv2')dnl
Mailer MAILER(procmail)dnl
Mailer MAILER(`local')dnl
Mailer MAILER(smtp)dnl

I have set the 'p' acl for anyone on the subfolder that I wish to take
deliveries in.

None of the subfolders contain uppercase letters.

However, whenever I send a plus formatted address (byrnejb
+test(a)doman.tld) it is accepted for delivery but it ends up in the
user's Inbox instead of the subfolder.

I have read a lot about this issue but I cannot see what step I am
missing to get this to work.

I would very much appreciate any help anyone can offer.
From: Andrzej Adam Filip on
byrnejb <byrnejb(a)harte-lyne.ca> wrote:
> CentOS4.8
> cyrus-imapd-2.2.12-10
> sendmail-8.13.1-3.3
>
> I have an established sendmail/imap setup that I wish to have support
> plus address formats, like usidername+subfolder(a)domain.tld, such that
> the messages are delivered directly into the user's mailbox subfolder
> and not into their inbox.
>
> I have the following settings in the sendmail.mc file
>
> Define define(`CYRUSV2_MAILER_ARGS', `FILE /var/lib/imap/socket/
> lmtp')dnl
> Define define(`confLOCAL_MAILER',`cyrusv2')dnl
> Mailer MAILER(`cyrusv2')dnl
> Mailer MAILER(procmail)dnl
> Mailer MAILER(`local')dnl
> Mailer MAILER(smtp)dnl
>
> I have set the 'p' acl for anyone on the subfolder that I wish to take
> deliveries in.
>
> None of the subfolders contain uppercase letters.
>
> However, whenever I send a plus formatted address (byrnejb
> +test(a)doman.tld) it is accepted for delivery but it ends up in the
> user's Inbox instead of the subfolder.
>
> I have read a lot about this issue but I cannot see what step I am
> missing to get this to work.
>
> I would very much appreciate any help anyone can offer.

What's reported by the test commands below? [executed as root]

sendmail -bv byrnejb+test(a)doman.tld
echo '3,0 byrnejb+test(a)doman.tld' | sendmail -bt

--
[pl>en Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi(a)onet.eu : Andrzej.Filip(a)gmail.com
Anything that is worth doing has been done frequently. Things hitherto
From: Henning Hucke on
On Tue, 15 Jun 2010, byrnejb wrote:

Hi <unknown>,

> CentOS4.8
> cyrus-imapd-2.2.12-10
> sendmail-8.13.1-3.3
>
> I have an established sendmail/imap setup that I wish to have support
> plus address formats, like usidername+subfolder(a)domain.tld, such that
> the messages are delivered directly into the user's mailbox subfolder
> and not into their inbox.

are you aware that you need some kind of logic - obviously you intend to
use procmail - to sort the mails into the folders. Cyrus doesn't do it out
of itself AFAIK.

The "plus extension" to addresses is generic which means that all what the
MTA does is to extract the recipient as the local part infront of the
plus. Everything else is left to the logic of the MDA which in turn
normally needs logic to actually deliver such mails to somewhere else than
the default maildrop.

> [...]

Regards
Henning Hucke
--
"GOTO statement considered harmful"
-- E. W. Dijkstra, title to a letter in CACM 11, 3 (March, 1968)