From: mdudley on
I have a box which sends notices to our main box. The domain of the
main box is simply domain.com and the one that has to send the notices
is store.domain.com. Whenever it sends a notice to user(a)domain.com it
ends up going into the root mailbox saying that it bounced because
there was no user(a)domain.com, and the debugging information says that
it was talking to the 127.0.0.0 ip when trying to deliver the
message. I added the user id to the store.domain.com box, and now it
posts the information to user(a)store.domain.com even though the header
of the message clearly says that it should be going to user(a)domain.com

How can I get sendmail to use the whole email address instead of only
part of it?

Thanks,

Marshall
From: mdudley on
On Mar 1, 2:46 pm, mdudley <mdud...(a)king-cart.com> wrote:
> I have a box which sends notices to our main box.  The domain of the
> main box is simply domain.com and the one that has to send the notices
> is store.domain.com.  Whenever it sends a notice to u...(a)domain.com it
> ends up going into the root mailbox saying that it bounced because
> there was no u...(a)domain.com, and the debugging information says that
> it was talking to the 127.0.0.0 ip when trying to deliver the
> message.  I added the user id to the store.domain.com box, and now it
> posts the information to u...(a)store.domain.com even though the header
> of the message clearly says that it should be going to u...(a)domain.com
>
> How can I get sendmail to use the whole email address instead of only
> part of it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marshall

Problem solved. Main domain names were in the local-host-names file.

Marshall