From: Andrzej Adam Filip on
stephenf4 <stephenf4(a)live.com> wrote:
> correction to original post in thread... the smarttable I included
> should read:
>
> @mydomain.net ESMTP:[mx2.mydomain.net]
> # relay mailer sends to alternate port (e.g., port 465 for stunnel to
> smtp.ispdomain.com)
> @ispdomain.com relay_port_465:[localhost]
> # relay for <> sender [version 8.2+ of smarttable]
> @ SMTP:[mail.mydomain.net]
>
> I gave my ISP's anonymity away. whoops. :-)

smarttable uses $&f to select email route.
AFAIR sendmail does not set/reset &$f "properly" when sending bounces.

There are two possible paths:
* right&long: ask sendmail.org to patch sendmail to set $&f correctly
for bounces
* find "something" to allow smarttable know that it sends a bounce and
should ignore $&f

--
[pl>en Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi(a)onet.eu : Andrzej.Filip(a)gmail.com
It was kinda like stuffing the wrong card in a computer, when you're