From: Andrzej Adam Filip on
mrball <mrballcb(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> a) CentOS 4.8. The sendmail rpm is one that I build myself where I
> tweaked LDAP and changed libmilter to be built with -fPIC (so that can
> I build Sendmail::Milter against the resulting milter libs). It was
> originally a RHEL srpm for 8.13.1 that I updated to use 8.13.8 and
> tweaked the two build options.
> b) Yes, I use maildrop for final local delivery.
>
> CentOS48[root(a)smtp4 ~]# rpm -q sendmail
> sendmail-8.13.8-2iv
>
> 1)
> CentOS48[root(a)smtp4 ~]# sendmail -bv harold(a)pephhi.org
> harold(a)pephhi.org... deliverable: mailer local, user harold.pephhi.org
>
> 2)
> CentOS48[root(a)smtp4 ~]# echo '=M' | sendmail -bt
> ADDRESS TEST MODE (ruleset 3 NOT automatically invoked)
> Enter <ruleset> <address>
> <snip>
> mailer 8 (local): P=/usr/bin/maildrop S=EnvFromL/HdrFromL R=EnvToL/
> HdrToL M=0 U=-1:-1 F=/59:@ADFMPSfhlnqsw| L=0 E=\n T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix
> r=100 A=maildrop -w 80 -d $u
>
> Is your suspicion that one of the flags incorrect? Or are you
> verifying the flags? Or verifying how the LDA is being passed the
> username?
>
> Thank you very much Andrzej :-)
> [...]

In your specific case I would suggest you using ~/.mailfilter file
(specific to maildprop program) to rewrite "bad" Return-Path value
to format your like. IMHO it would be the safest option.

#v+
if (/^Return-Path: <MAILER-DAEMON>$/:)
xfilter "reformail -i'Return-Path: <>'"
#v-

P.S. I do not use maildrop+reformail myself. I have suggested/assumed
procmail+formail analogy - I bet it should work.

--
[pl>en Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi(a)onet.eu : Andrzej.Filip(a)gmail.com
Life only demands from you the strength you possess.