From: Fermin on
Hi,

I have a litle problem, i need configure sendmail to send with 2
domains (i now do this with virtusertable) with one ip, but i use one
ip for one domain and another ip for other mail. How i can do it ?

I think iptables can fix it, but y don't now if sendmail can do this.

If someone could help me please?
From: Grant Taylor on
Fermin wrote:
> I have a litle problem, i need configure sendmail to send with 2
> domains (i now do this with virtusertable) with one ip, but i use one
> ip for one domain and another ip for other mail. How i can do it ?

Well, it's trivial to make Sendmail listen to multiple IPs.

In doing so, Sendmail should happily handle mail for both domains on
both IPs. (I don't know if this will be a problem or not.)

I think you will want to turn on the Sendmail Daemon Port "b" Modifier
to cause Sendmail to "bind to interface through which mail has been
received for outgoing message".

Thus, if you have domain1 route to IP1 and domain2 route to IP2,
Sendmail should send mail from domain1 via IP1 and mail from domain2 via
IP2.

Note: There is nothing that prevents either DaemonPort from handling
mail for other domain(s). You are just ensuring that messages leave the
system with the proper IP.

> I think iptables can fix it, but y don't now if sendmail can do this.

I think what I have suggested will come close. Give it a try and see if
it will work for you.

> If someone could help me please?

Please reply and let us know if it does or not.

Grant. . . .