From: mrl on
I have lost my original sendmail.mc and am trying to recreate it. I
have many workstations that send to a MAIL_HUB mail server.. I
can't recreate one feature, that my present sendmail.cf has, which is
that if someone sends mail to local user on the mail server, but
addresses it using an unqualified address (i.e. no hostname) , then To
header line gets appended with a hostname which I specify, rather
than the workstation from where it was sent.

I.e., if a user sends mail from the workstation "foobar.foo.com", and
sends mail to "bar", when I use my old sendmail.cf, the To: header
line becomes "bar(a)foo.com" However, I can't recreate that feature in
my new sendmail.mc Instead, the To: header line becomes
"bar(a)foobar.foo.com". It still gets delivered properly though to the
local user "bar" on MAIL_HUB. So it's a header problem. Any
suggestions? If necessary, i can post the differences between my old
sendmail.cf, and the one that is created with my new sendmail.mc
Thanks. - Mark