From: Synapse Syndrome on

Whenever I try to login to the default Administrator account, the machine
carshes. I get the desktop, and thing appear to carry on loading, and then
it BSODs, mentioning wdf01000.sys.

It is impossible to login to the account, so I tried making another account,
and it happens with that account as well.

However, it does not happen with my normal user account that I have been
using all this time.

What can I do? I cannot use the Administrator account, or make any new
ones.

ss.

From: Brian A. on
"Synapse Syndrome" <synapse(a)NOSPAMgomez404.elitemail.org> wrote in message

> Whenever I try to login to the default Administrator account, the machine carshes.
> I get the desktop, and thing appear to carry on loading, and then it BSODs,
> mentioning wdf01000.sys.
>
> It is impossible to login to the account, so I tried making another account, and it
> happens with that account as well.
>
> However, it does not happen with my normal user account that I have been using all
> this time.
>
> What can I do? I cannot use the Administrator account, or make any new ones.
>
> ss.

See if anything here helps out. I'm not sure if that file is an XP file or not,
everything I find points to it being a Vista file.
http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=wdf01000.sys&qt_s=Search+Groups

I have also run across a few other mentions that the newer Trackpoint v 6.2 causes
the problem as well.

--

Brian A. Sesko { MS MVP_Shell/User }
http://basconotw.mvps.org/

Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

From: Pegasus (MVP) on

"Synapse Syndrome" <synapse(a)NOSPAMgomez404.elitemail.org> wrote in message

> Whenever I try to login to the default Administrator account, the machine
> carshes. I get the desktop, and thing appear to carry on loading, and
> then it BSODs, mentioning wdf01000.sys.
>
> It is impossible to login to the account, so I tried making another
> account, and it happens with that account as well.
>
> However, it does not happen with my normal user account that I have been
> using all this time.
>
> What can I do? I cannot use the Administrator account, or make any new
> ones.
>
> ss.

See if the same thing happens in Safe Mode. To get into Safe
Mode, press F8 early during the boot phase.

From: Gerry on
What is your operating system?

Please post a complete copy of the Stop Error report.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From: Synapse Syndrome on
"Brian A." <gonefish'n(a)afarawaylake> wrote in message

> I have also run across a few other mentions that the newer Trackpoint v
> 6.2 causes the problem as well.

It did turn out to be a Trackpoint problem amongst the Thinkpad drivers. I
reverted to an oder version.

Cheers.

ss.

 |  Next  |  Last