From: rma2113 on
I am installing my Brother wireless printer (MFC-495CW) and I encountered the
following "Files Needed" pop up window. "The file 'serscan.sys' on Windows XP
Home Edition CD-ROM is needed'. Type the path where the file is located and
then click OK"
I installed the OS CDROM that Dell gave me and nothing works. I also tried
to find the file itself in the C drive under C:\\Windows\Driver Cache|I386
and still nothing. Does anyone know where I can this file?
Thanks
From: SC Tom on

"rma2113" <rma2113(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am installing my Brother wireless printer (MFC-495CW) and I encountered
>the
> following "Files Needed" pop up window. "The file 'serscan.sys' on Windows
> XP
> Home Edition CD-ROM is needed'. Type the path where the file is located
> and
> then click OK"
> I installed the OS CDROM that Dell gave me and nothing works. I also tried
> to find the file itself in the C drive under C:\\Windows\Driver Cache|I386
> and still nothing. Does anyone know where I can this file?
> Thanks

Look on your Dell CD and see if there is an \i386 folder or a file named
Driver.cab. It's in that cab file. You can double-click on the cab to open
it, then right click on the file you want and pick Extract, then pick the
folder you want to extract it to.

SC Tom

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Got Google?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=serscan.sys

rma2113 wrote:
> I am installing my Brother wireless printer (MFC-495CW) and I encountered
> the following "Files Needed" pop up window. "The file 'serscan.sys' on
> Windows XP Home Edition CD-ROM is needed'. Type the path where the file is
> located and then click OK"
> I installed the OS CDROM that Dell gave me and nothing works. I also tried
> to find the file itself in the C drive under C:\\Windows\Driver Cache|I386
> and still nothing. Does anyone know where I can this file?
> Thanks

Pages: 1
Prev: Can't Logon
Next: Resize Windows