From: connie_pilot on
I'm running Win 7 Ultimate X64 and have installed Server 2008 R2 but can only
activate it once. What happens when for training purposes I attempt to
re-install again?
--
connie_pilot
MCSE 2003/Exchange 2003
From: Brad Bird on
Hello connie_pilot,

> I'm running Win 7 Ultimate X64 and have installed Server 2008 R2 but
> can only activate it once. What happens when for training purposes I
> attempt to re-install again?

I would not install a purchased copy for training purposes specifically for
the reason you sighted. Have a look on the MS website for an evaluation
copy like here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/en/us/try-it.aspx

The link I sent you has a version which is good for 180 days. Often times
you can also find VHDs to run which you can reinstall when they run through
their license period.

From: connie_pilot on
Brad,

Thanks for the quick reply. I should have been more specific in that I do
software development and have a Microsoft Direct Subscription from which I
downloaded Server 2008 R2. When working with Server 2003 I could uninstall
and reinstall a number of times without worrying about the activation. In
this case the Technet Download site specifies 1 activation.
--
connie_pilot
MCSE 2003/Exchange 2003